Heavy rains can cause serious water damage. SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City has the trained technicians to fully restore your home.
Heavy Rainfall on a Yellow Rooftop
Household Water Damage That Can Result From Heavy Rain | SERVPRO® of Henderson/Boulder City - SERVPRO OF HENDERSON/BOULDER CITY Blog
Though dramatic instances are often what comes to mind regarding water damage to households, it can also be caused by commonplace events.
General heavy rain showers can cause issues, as a consistent drum of water can easily seep into microscopic areas of a home. We often respond to water damage calls that are a result of heavy rain—here’s what we typically see:
Places That Often See Water Damage Associated With Rain
Backup of clogged gutters. Gutter clogs are a big culprit of water damage because debris allows water to pool up and seep into your home. At least every six months, a thorough gutter cleaning is recommended to prevent these types of backups.
Leaks around windows and doors. Small openings between windows and doors and the external walls of your home can allow water to seep in if they are not sealed. Installing weatherstripping is an easy and cost-effective solution for this.
Poor drainage around the foundation. When rain is too heavy for your drainage system to handle, it may begin to pool up around the base of your foundation and seep inward. Landscaping and extra drains can alleviate this issue and prevent damages from occurring.
Leaks in and around the roof. Roof leaks can often go unnoticed until they get severe enough to damage a home’s ceiling, but you can look out for signs of issues before it escalates to this point. Broken, missing or loose shingles are often a clear indicator that a leak is possible.
Malfunctioning of a sump pump system. A sump pump system is a great investment in protecting your basement or crawl space, but it is important to maintain them in order to avoid malfunctions that can lead to floods and damages.
Leaks around chimneys and skylights. As with windows and doors, chimneys, skylights and other features that intersect with the roof also introduce vulnerabilities. When you check the roof, pay close attention to the seals around these features for leak potential.
If you’ve experienced water damage to your home, we are here to help. You can call us 24⁄7 to have our trained technicians respond quickly and begin your restoration. 702-564-8508
Important Fire Safety Tips to Note | SERVPRO® of Henderson/Boulder City
A person laying another wood log into hot burning fireplace
Important Fire Safety Tips to Note | SERVPRO® of Henderson/Boulder City - SERVPRO OF HENDERSON/BOULDER CITY Blog
When considering the frequency of house fires, it brings into perspective how important fire safety is. House fires not only result in a loss of property and objects of sentimental value, but they can also cause injuries and fatalities that could often be prevented.
There are many fire safety tips to be found online, but it is typically difficult to find the most relevant ones all together—which is exactly why we have made an overview of the most pertinent tips for fire safety for your ease of reference.
An Overview of Fire Safety
Frequently Check Smoke Detectors. Smoke detectors are extremely important to fire safety and should be installed in every bedroom and on every floor. Individuals should also do a routine monthly check to ensure they are operational, and replace them every 10 years or as directed by the manufacturer.
Have a Fire Escape Plan. Creating an evacuation plan for the event of a house fire starting is a great way to ensure everyone in your household will know exactly what to do and can act efficiently if a fire starts. Plan out exit routes, meeting places and for any special provisions your family members may need.
Know How to Operate a Fire Extinguisher. There are many types of fire extinguishers to choose from, so it is advised to get the type you think will be most suited to your needs. Make sure you fully understand how to use it and share the information with your family members, as well.
Never Leave Flames Unattended. Because open flames are so common in the household, many people forget the extreme dangers they can pose. Whether it is from a cooktop or candle, a flame can spread to other surfaces in an instant, which is why it is vital to never leave one unattended for any length of time.
Keep a Closed-Door Policy. Nighttime is a common time for house fires to break out, which is why even sleeping with safety in mind is advised. Closing bedroom doors at night can significantly decrease the amount of time a fire takes to spread, giving everyone more reaction time once the flames are detected.
If you’d like to learn more about protecting yourself from a house fire and how our restoration services can help you recover, get in touch today to learn more. 702-564-8508
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City today at 702-564-8508 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Why SERVPRO? Personal Protective Equipment
When it comes to SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City, our number one concern is safety: the safety of our clients and the safety of our employees.
To make sure the job is done right, employees need to take proper precautions when working in specific situations. Each job comes with its own safety concerns. For example, flood waters can come with contaminants from things like sewage; mold remediation jobs come with possible irritants to people’s eyes, skin and lungs; fire damage can come with worries like smoke inhalation and possible falling debris; and biohazard incidents can come with exposure to dangerous chemicals and bodily fluids.
SERVPRO teams are given the proper training and personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure they are prepared to safely handle each one of those incidents and a wide range of others. They follow specific guidelines laid out by our company and by the National Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Some of that PPE includes the following:
- Tyvek Suits and Booties: which are made of a strong, but lightweight material that can protect a person from contaminants in the air. These suits cover a person from head to toe (except the face).
- Dust Masks: which are lightweight masks worn around the nose and mouth to keep out less serious contaminants like typical, household dust.
- Full Face Masks: which are more heavy-duty, plastic masks, seal off the entire face and include respirators. These are used in more dangerous conditions. The respirators filter out any harmful airborne pathogens and mold spores.
- Gloves: different kinds of gloves are used depending on the situation. Nitrile gloves are used to protect from certain contaminants like bodily fluids. Whereas, stronger rubber gloves are used to protect when handling sharp or rough objects.
- Goggles: are used to protect the eyes in dangerous conditions.
- Hard Hats: are used to protect employees in situations where there is a risk of building collapse or falling debris.
By ensuring their own safety in the field, our team members are better able to ensure your safety and the safety of your home or business.
Remember, if you experience an incident that requires restoration work, you can count on SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City to get the job done in the SAFEST and most efficient way. Call us any time at 702-564-8508.
Why SERVPRO? Our Advanced Technology and Techniques
The past few decades has seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City Professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning. The IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide is a specific set of practical standards that incorporate the field of psychometry, which involves the manipulation of temperature and relative humidity to remove moisture and dry a property quickly and effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like thermo cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- A thermo camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
Learn more about SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City advanced technology and techniques by calling us today,
Why SERVPRO? Invested in You, Your Family, Your Business, Your Community!
When you need a leading franchisor of residential and commercial property damage restoration services, you need and want the best. So, why SERVPRO? We’re deeply invested in you, your family, your business, your community. And that’s exactly who and what SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City is.
Speaking of deeply invested, Blackstone is deeply invested in SERVPRO. On March 26, 2019, according to SERVPRO’s blog post, “SERVPRO and Blackstone (NYSE:BX) announced that private equity funds managed by Blackstone (“Blackstone”) have recapitalized SERVPRO a leading franchisor of residential and commercial property damage restoration services. Blackstone is acquiring a majority stake in SERVPRO as part of Blackstone’s Core Private Equity strategy, which is designed to hold investments for much longer periods of time than traditional private equity.” This is just one other reason “Why SERVPRO.” If Blackstone, the world's leading investment firms, a multi-billion dollar investment company, strategically chose to invest in SERVPRO, why wouldn’t you?! This speaks volumes. In fact, Peter Wallace, Senior Managing Director at Blackstone, said, “We are excited to make this investment …”
SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City is continually investing and reinvesting our resources so we can better serve our customers, to fulfill our vision of becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company, which affords us the opportunity to be there for you, for your family, for your business, for your community in your time of need. We are constantly making strategic decisions for our continued success and future growth. It’s all about growth. David Kestnbaum, Managing Director at Blackstone, said, “SERVPRO is a high-quality company with a strong management team and great long-term prospects. We look forward to working with SERVPRO and its franchisees to help fuel the business’ next phase of growth.” We are humbled and blessed for this strategic partnership with Blackstone.
The next time your home or business needs property damage restoration services, give us the opportunity to best serve you, your family, your business, your community, so you can tell us your why. Your next fire damage, water damage, mold damage, storm damage … we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City? Because we are deeply invested in you, your family, your business, and your community. Call us today, 702-564-8508 and tell us your “Why.”
Why SERVPRO? Because We Care!
At SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City, our number one priority is to make our customers happy. It may sound like the impossible task; after all, we are arriving on the scene when circumstances for our customers are devastating. A fire in their home, a busted pipe which has caused water damage in their kitchen, mold in their office building. These are difficult situations emotionally which is all the more reason for our employees to be sensitive to what our customers are dealing with. Many times, depending upon the damage we are mitigating, we could spend days, weeks, or even months in customer’s home or office. We get to know our clients one on one. We get to meet their children. We get to hear about their families. We know their pets’ names. We know where they leave the key in case they are not there. We get to know them by carefully handling all of their cherished possessions, sometimes cleaning them and packing them away until their homes are restored. At the end of the day, we are just people helping people. That’s what it’s all about. Sometimes that means stopping what we are doing and having a cup of coffee with our customers if they ask. Sometimes it means taking out the family pet. Whatever it takes, to make our customer comfortable, relaxed and reassured during what could be a most traumatic time in their lives, is what is done.
Why SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City?? Because we care about our customers...And they know it! We want to be the ones you call when your life gets tossed upside down. 702-564-8508
Why SERVPRO? Highly Trained Cleanup & Restoration Specialists
Our staff is highly trained in Commercial / Residential Cleanup & Restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City offices, to IICRC industry certifications, to SCATS onsite training, you can feel confident and assured that our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your Commercial or Residential property. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Continuing Education Classes
IICRC Training and Certification
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
HERO READY Training
The HERO READY Training is a voluntary, self-paced program designed for SERVPRO Franchise employees. Certification is awarded after successful completion of course materials and an examination. Modules include:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Textiles Cleaning
All of our staff have access to web-based training. This voluntary program is designed to be an ongoing, self-paced coaching series for a Franchise's employees. Video presentations and support materials are followed by a knowledge test at the end of each module. This keeps our technicians and office staff up to speed on industry standards and the professional quality you expect.
Continuing Education Classes
SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City offers both credited courses for insurance agents, insurance adjusters, and non credited course for real estate and property management professionals. These programs are designed to improve knowledge of emergency mitigation. Courses include:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restorative Drying for Water Damage
- Restoring Contaminated Buildings
- When looking at companies who can provide you with water mitigation, mold remediation and fire restoration services you might ask yourself, why SERVPRO?
- Let me tell you some things about SERVPRO:
- SERVPRO has been around since 1967 when Ted and Doris Isaacson founded the company which started as a painting business. Today, more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises exist nationwide. Therefore, SERVPRO has proved to be an outstanding company. SERVPRO is actually one of the top 10 franchises today.
- Our SERVPRO started over 23 years ago. Our owners started a SERVPRO franchise, with one vehicle and just a couple pieces of equipment. Since then, we now operate with about 22 long term employees, acquired multiple types of vehicles, and have a wide range of equipment for all types of work in our field. We have been successful, which has allowed us to continue to grow our Restoration Division, and add the Reconstruction Division in .
- All of our technicians are professionally trained in the work that they do.
- We work with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for the work that we complete. If your insurance company does not cover a service we recommend, we will let you know the price before the work is done.
- We work quickly to ensure that your home/business is back to normal ASAP.
- We appreciate your feedback! We would like to know if your happy with our services. We also are interested in knowing if your unhappy with our services. We want to make it right, and fix anything that may have gone wrong.
- That is WHY, we ask ALL of SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City customers to leave us a review after the job is completed, so we can ensure that they are completely satisfied with the services they received from us, and the employee that provided that exceptional service.
To find out MORE about SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City services we can provide to you, give us a call at 702-564-8508
After a Storm Damage - Steps to Take Immediately
Storm Team Trailers ready to roll.
Storm damage can occur at any time and can cause an immense amount of harm to your home. Heavy rains can cause flooding and powerful winds can cause roof damage and downed trees on your property. Some post-storm damage can create safety and health hazards as well, so having a strategy to deal with damage will help you to be ready to take steps immediately after the storm.
Take Safety Precautions
Heavy winds and rain can create physical hazards such as collapsed roofing materials, window damage, collapsed walls or standing water in the basement or home interior. In addition, moisture can soak into furniture, carpeting, and building materials making the perfect environment for mold growth that can cause health issues. Shut off the main gas line if you smell gas. Beware of broken glass, exposed nails, and other sharp objects on the property. Contact SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City, to help do basic tasks to secure your property and make it safe to use. If necessary, arrange for an alternative place for you and your family to live while your property is being restored to safe living condition.
Photograph the Damage
If it is safe to move around your property, use your cellphone or a camera to photograph the damage so that you will have a record for your insurance company. This action will ensure that you are fully compensated.
Contact Your Insurance Company
Contact your insurance agent to notify them about the damage to your home immediately. The company will send out an adjuster to determine the extent of the damage so that payment for repairs can be made.
Federal Disaster Assistance
The federal government may have declared the area affected by the storm as a disaster area that is eligible for low-cost loans to help restore your property to normal. You will be required to file documents to receive these loans.
When a storm-related disaster strikes, it may seem overwhelming, but these steps can help you to begin the process of restoring your home, and your life, to normal. At SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City, we provide 24-hour emergency disaster service. We specialize in the stabilization and restoration of homes and businesses that have suffered small or large loss from water, flood, wind, storm, fire and smoke disaster.
Call us today, we can help! 702-564-8508