Summer Fire Safety
Summer is here and that means cookouts and the big event, the 4th of July. Setting off fire works is a tradition that started as early as 1777. Here are some tips to keep you summer safe and fun.
- Only use grills outdoors and way from the home, deck and out from under overhanging branches.
- Always keep children at least 3 feet away from grilling area.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Always clean grease or fat build up.
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
Did you know that according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) that sparklers burn AT 1200 degrees? To put that in prospective, Water boils at 212 degrees and glass melts at 900. If you choose to use consumer fireworks please be safe and always watch children.