Grilling Safety Tips
Summer is coming up and for many that means pool parties and grilling. Did you know July is the peak month for grill fires. These tips are here to keep everyone's summer a fun and safe one.
- Remember only to use propane and charcoal grills outdoors.
- The grill should be placed away from the home and clear of any railings, eaves, or over hanging branches.
- Always keep children a minimum of 3 feet away from the grilling area.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- Always on any gas grill, make sure the lid is open before lighting it.
- Always, on propane grills, check the gas line for leaks. You can do this by applying a light soap and water solution to the hose. A hose with cracks will release bubbles.
Also if you smell gas at any time, back away from the grill and call the fire department.