Water Damage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I've had a water damage. What should I do?
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Remove Excess water by moping or blotting.
- Prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colorized items on wet carpeting.
How long will it take to dry out my home?
It depends, not all water damages are the same. It is all dependent on the size and materials affected.
What are signs of water damage?
Some subtle signs of water damage could include baseboard separation from the wall or paint bubbles on the wall or ceiling.
What equipment is used and how does it work?
There are a few way to dry out a structure but the most common is by using air movers and dehumidifiers.
Air movers are large fans that draws water moisture from wet surfaces through evaporation into the air.
Dehumidifiers draws this moisture out of the air and emits warm dry air.
If you are unsure if you have water damage or have any other questions call SERVPRO of Henderson/Boulder City (702) 564-8508