Tips you need to know when Cooking-How to Stay Safe in the Kitchen
Did you know that the leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking? Most of those cooking fires involve the stove.
We have seen plenty of kitchen fires in our 20 years of restoration work. We hope that these tips can help keep your home safe while cooking.
- Always stay in the kitchen if you are boiling, frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you do have to leave the kitchen for a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Keep anything that has the possibility of catching fire away from your stove top. Including oven mitts, towels, and even curtains.
- If you have a fire on the stove top, slide a lid over the pan to smother the fire and leave it there until it is completely covered.
- If you have an oven fire, turn off the heat and leave the door closed.
- Finally it is always a good idea to keep children away from the stove.