Electrical Fire Displaces Henderson Family
We recently finished working on a fire loss in Henderson caused by faulty wiring. This family was displaced for quite some time and lost irreplaceable contents. We at SERVPRO of Henderson and Boulder City would like to share some electrical safety tips to prevent future damage.
- Always have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician.
- It is a good idea to get an inspection done when buying a new home or making remodels.
- Always use one heat producing appliance (Coffee Maker, Toaster, etc.) in an outlet
- Never use an extension cord for major appliances (refrigerators, dryers, washers, etc.)
- Consider having arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) installed if you do not already have them in place. AFCIs shut off electricity when dangerous conditions occur.
- Check electrical cords and make sure they are not running under carpeting, rugs, or doorways. Extension cords are designed for temporary use.
For more fire safety tips, check our blog!