Small Apartment Catches Fire Due To Fireworks
Recently we got a call to remediate an apartment. The apartment caught fire one night because kids were playing with fireworks in their room. Thankfully no one was hurt and no others buildings were affected.
The management company of this apartment called us the day after the accident to get going on the job as time was of the essence.
The apartment being completely covered in water from the fire department had to be dried before any demolition of affected building materials. The reason we had to dry the structure first is because there were a lot of contents and we couldn't remove anything until the contents were taken care of.
After doing flood cuts and removing insulation we place equipment to dry the structure before being able to move the contents.
After the contents and the structure was dry, we were able to completely remove all building material.
This was a big job that could have been prevented, fire safety is important and make sure you are protected with working smoke alarms and an exit strategy for you and your family.